I know what your thinking, it’s not the potato kind, but the lovely, douse me in ice cream or maple syrup kind.
The long story short is that we purchased a ( sort of tacky) waffle iron in the sale and munchkin then kept on and on until I made some. They are delicious, the downside is that mini me now demands them a lot. This is ok and they are so easy to make, and easily adapted to suit a lot of diets.
- 240ml milk of choice
- 150g GF self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 egg
- Optional 1tsp of vanilla extract
- Combine everything in a bowl to form a smooth batter
- Pour into your preheated iron and let cook
- Cover with whatever you fancy and enjoy.
It really is that simple.
What is your favourite waffle topping? Let me know in the comments below.
Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for the ear ache you will receive from your kids wanting these again and again x