I know we are in the throws of a heat wave here in the UK, but I couldn’t help noticing that the wild black berries are starting to ripen.
Well it would be rude not to combine these delicious berries with some ice and blend into a smoothie for a refreshing, cooling drink ( or breakfast n my case) wouldn’t it?
Also I LOVE the colour that blackberries produce so always use it a lot at this time of year. This little lovely is also gluten, dairy and nut free as well- hooray
- Serves 1
- 100g blackberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1-2 tbs of gluten free oats
- 1tbs of chia seeds ( optional)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Good squirt of honey or maple syrup to sweeten.
- 250 MLS of milk of choice ( I used coconut).
- A few ice cubes