Boring title I know, but personally I don’t think you can have a Christmas dinner without cranberry sauce. I know as well that it is easy to open a jar, but I find something deeply satisfying in making it myself. Oh and did I mention it is almost effortless to boot.
- 1 pack of fresh cranberries ( roughly 250g)
- 100ml Orange juice and zest if 1 orange
- 100g caster sugar
- Optional- a good slug of port.
- Pour the juice, zest, port and sugar into a pan, heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour in the cranberries
- Stir in the cranberries and start to simmer.
- The cranberries will start to burst when ready. You can either give them a vigorous stir to break them down, or leave them in their glorious half burst textures.
- As the sauce cools it will thicken.
Serve as part of your Christmas dinner or with Brie in a toasted sandwhich.