Yep you did indeed read the title correctly. Now gluten free donuts ( until recently) have been a bit like unicorns – not real, mythical and things you can only dream about.
In fact there are 2 delicious producers that I recommend these are Borough 22 and wheat free bakery direct. Check them out if you can ( btw this is not an ad I just really like these).
Any way I’ve digressed, for Christmas I got a mini donut maker. I mean I got a fab new bag as well, not just this electrical item, but I was impressed with it. This got me thinking will gluten and dairy free work? Only one way to find out…..
By golly it did, want to know how I did it?? Have a read below.
- 125 g gluten free plain flour
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 120ml of milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1tbs butter or dairy free butter melted.
- Put dry ingredients into a bowl,
- Make a well and pour in all your wet ingredients
- Whisk until you have a smooth batter
- Heat your donut maker
- mine takes about 3-4 minutes to cook the little lovelies.
- Either toss in cinnamon sugar, or ice however you fancy.
There you go, so easy, and so tasty. Even my husband ( who hates donuts) said they were good.
Until next time, have a great week.