Hello to you all, hope you are enjoying this fine sunny weather we are having. It’s Monday it’s the last week of term for most of the munchkins and I’m sure you’d like to know about a really easy treat? I’m right aren’t I?
Whilst it’s great that tesco have lunch a GF DF mini milk style lolly, it still hs the dreaded may contain nuts message, so still best avoid for us. Anyway I that I’ll make my own, on mini me’ request we got some of these
And set off to make these. You have to excuse the photos- the down side of this mould is that they look less umbrella like when out of its plastic case……
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tbs cacao or cocoa powder
- Either 2 tbs of caster sugar or 1-2 tbs of maple syrup to sweeten.
- Place all ingredients into a pan and heat, do not let it boil
- Let the mixture cool for 5-10 minutes then pour into the moulds
- When cold place in the freezer
- After 30 minutes- 1 hr I give the mixture a stir to help stop crystals forming
- Eat when completely frozen.
The added benefit of these is that you could use a combination of coconut milk and cream for a dairy free version.
See there you have it- not really cooking by any scale of the imagination but delicious none the less.
*this post does contain an affiliate link. If you do click and buy the moulds it just means I get a few pennies.