I admit I’ve had strawberries on the brain this last week. In my efforts on embracing the good life the vegetable plot is growing, and strawberries are one of this years projects. My new plants are in, and we are waiting for them to grow. However in the mean time, what better excuse for a free from cheesecake? Oh and we had a houseful for Mother’s Day and cheesecake is always a winner. Plus this is a no bake cheesecake so it’s easy to make as well.
My error with this was that I personally think it would be better in an 8 inch tin, but I misplaced mine so the 9 inch had to be the tin of choice ( I don’t think my guests noticed anyway).
- 250g biscuit I used gullon as they are nut free. You can click Here to buy them.
- 80g melted butter
- 600g full fat cream cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 100 g icing sugar
- 200ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence.
- Crush the biscuits either in a bag with a rolling pin, or in a food processor
- Add the melted butter and pulse until you have a damp rubble.
- Press into the base of a spring closing cake tin and leave to set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- For the filling whisk the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla together.
- I whisk the double cream separately until it forms stiff peaks. Then gently combine this with the cream cheese mixture.
- Put this on top of your biscuit base and leave to set in the fridge ideally overnight.
- I decorated with fresh strawberries and mini meringue kisses.