Welcome one and all ( old English christmas speak ) to Blogmas day five. I hope the new week brings you some more festive cheer, me on the other hand have a beauty of a cold and a three year old to entertain. It wasn’t fairing too well but we hit on a winner with baking cupcakes.
They are easy to make and if your kids are like mine then the decorating will keep them entertained for a bit, then you get another 5-10 minutes for eating their creations – result. I take no credit for the recipe either, it’s adapted from your traditional sponge recipe just made allergy friendly.
I’ll reiterate that mini me did a lot of the decorating, but to add on a more serious note Waitrose Christmas cake decorations are largely free of gluten, nuts and soya. B&M have gluten free cupcake toppers to.
- 125g self raising flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g butter ( or dairy free alternative)
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla extract
- Sift in flour and stir until well combined.
- Put in cupcake cakes and bake in the oven until well risen and firm to touch. (15 minutes roughly)
- Cool on a wire rack and decorate to your hearts content.
After all that hard work, have a well earned 5 minutes eating one of these creations until your kids utter the dreaded words “I’m bored!!!”
That’s it from me for now. Have a great evening and I’ll be back tomorrow x