I can’t call this a recipe, it’s so easy. I also cannot and wouldn’t claim this to be my own invention. The yonanas machine uses this concept, as does every clean eating or free from blogger at some point I’m sure, however this is a great hack you need to know using the humble banana to make icecream.
So to make a basic banana icecream you need :
1 food processor
2-3 frozen bananas
A splash of any milk of your choice.
- Begin by freezing you bananas ( cut into smaller pieces first) for at least 2 hours.
- Put into the food processor ( Nutribullets don’t work well for this). Pulse to break the banana down.
- Then keep blending. It goes through a few stages but when the banana looks like bread crumbs add the milk and turn on again.
- The rest is magic, eventually the mixture becomes smooth and the texture of icecream.
- I like to freeze for a few hours to harden the mixture up, but you can serve it straight away and have a soft, creamy ice cream type dessert.