Well it’s been a funny old week weather wise. Here in the shire we’ve had rain, snow, hail and wind inter spaced with token gestures of sunshine. So to amuse mini me, and have something warming for lunch we made a leek and potato soup.
It’s comforting in cold weather, and not a drop of cream in sight ( feel free to add some if you prefer though). You can leave it chunky it or blend it smooth, which is my preference, it’s up to you. The main point is it’s super easy, and delicious to.
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped thinly
- 250 g potato
- 2 medium leeks
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to season ( I use pink Himalayan salt)
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan, and add the onion. Fry for 3-4 minutes until they soften.
- Add the leeks and potato cook for a further 5 minutes. It’s better to cut the potato into small chunks so it cooks evenly and faster.
- Season and add the vegetable stock. You can make your own or use a stock cube with boiling water, either works.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend with a hand blender or blender until smooth.
- Enjoy a bowl when you are ready.