It’s that mid-afternoon slump, and unseasonably cold here in then leafy shires. I fancied a latte. Today I’m having a latte with a difference – Turmeric. As in the South Asian grown spice (related to the ginger plant) widely used in Indian and Asian cooking. I’m not going mad bear with me.
Now there has been many a claim about the miracles of this spice. Some of which I’d take with a pinch of salt as there isn’t enough hard evidence to credit or discredit it. So I’m not stating these, however this type of latte is better than your usual sugar laden offerings from high street coffee houses and I’ll stand by that ( oh and it’s tasty to).
- 250ml of plant based milk, I used coconut but almond or cashew work well to.
- 1tsp Turmeric
- 1tsp agave nectar ( or less if you prefer)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon to serve.
- Place all ingredients into a milk pan, and heat until steaming.
- I mix with a milk frother
- Serve in mug and sprinkle with cinnamon to serve.
Sit and relax with your mid afternoon drink. Enjoy.