This is so easy to make, I love Chia puddings. They take about 5 minutes to make and if you put it in a jar then perfectly portable when mornings are rushed and time is short. The texture reminds me of my childhood of tapioca puddings. These clever little seeds are not only nutritious, but expand when introduced to liquid giving a tadpole effect.
Now if this isn’t your bag you can also blend the pudding which gives the most creamy texture, there are no hard or fast rules- adapt it to suit your taste.
I also need to mention that this is gluten free, dairy free (depending on the type of milk used), can but nut free and suitable for a vegan diet as well.
Ingredients (Serves 1-2)
- 4 tbs Chia seeds or 30g
- 125 mls milk (I use coconut) if you prefer it runnier then use a bit more.
- 1 tbs raw or u sweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbs Sweetener of choice agave, date or maple syrup work better.
- Put the chia seeds, milk and cocao into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add the sweetner and mix again. I then pour into jars to be left over night.
- After about 30 minutes it’s worth shaking the jar- this stops the seeds clumping together.
- Leave in the fridge for atleast 4 hours, but best over night.
- I’ve served with fruit and CoYO coconut yoghurt.
I need to say, if you don’t like the texture, you can blend it all in your blender, for a thick, creamy pudding. I find if you do this, leave out the agave ( or what ever you have used) and used 3-4 dates instead. They work so well with blended chocolate.
Have you tried Chia puddings? Let me know what your favourite combinations are.