Well they are free from a lot of things, but not taste. I’ve been playing around with these for a while, and since I’ve been cutting my refined sugar intake I’ve now incorporated a refined sugar free flapjack as well. I’m not going to say it’s sugar free-that would be like eating cardboard, more that the sugar in these is all natural ingredients, so great for those following a clean eating plan.
I promise you it’s so so easy to make these flapjacks, once baked they keep for about 4/5 days. And are great for a on the go breakfast or healthier snack for the whole family.
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs honey (or date syrup)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick oats) I used gluten free
- 1/2 cup raisins ( dried apricots work well to)
- Preheat your oven to 180 c and line your baking tin
- Measure out your oats and fruit and mix in a large bowl.
- Gently melt the coconut oil and honey in a pan. Add the cinnamon
- Mash up the bananas and mix with the melted oil.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined.
- Turn out Into your pan and flatten down with a spoon
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the oats are golden.
- Cut into pieces in the tin and leave to cool.
- When cooled enough to tough turn out onto a wire ran to cool further.
I should add I don’t mash my banana smooth as I quite like a few chunks left in the flapjack. Also feel free to add nuts/seeds as well. They all make for a yummy treat.
There you have it, if you try this or another flavour combination let me know in the comments box.