I know it’s veganuary and I’ve been experimenting with some veg based dishes but I thought you may want to know about these delicious morsels. My toddler, like many I assume, loves the odd beans, chips and …..(fill in the processed crap option here). Now, and I’m not being precious about this, I would rather make her these Goujons than buy turkey twizzlers. ( if you do that I’m by no means having my judging pants on) I just thought I’d put this recipe up to show how easy they are to make. It also means I can make a gluten free, nut free, dairy free option easily.
- 2-3 chicken breasts cut into strips
- About 4-5 slices of bread processed into breadcrumbs
- 1 bowl of flour ( I used doves farm plain gluten free)
- 1 shallow dish of beaten egg
Preheat oven to 180 oC
- Cut chicken into strips
- To make the bread crumbs I toast the bread on a low heat then process into crumbs. Turn this into a shallow dish.
- Season bread crumbs with salt and pepper (optional)
- In turn place a strip in the flour, then egg then breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Repeat for all strips
- Drizzling in oil (I use olive oil) I not stingy on it either.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the crumb coating is golden and crispy
So there you have it a quick, easy recipe for chicken Goujons that are much healthier than their freezer department counterparts. I should add you can make fish fingers the same way.
Have you tried any variations to this? Let me know in the comments below.