Well we’ve made it to Sunday, and I was thinking as a treat this would be a great reciepe for you to try. It’s one I’ve adapted over the years, but works just as well if you use a gluten based flour (I’d use plain personally) and different milks, although I find cows milk, rice milk or coconut milk are the better varieties to use.
- 130g plain flour (or gluten free self raising flour) I used Doves Farm
- 1 tsp baking powder (use 1/2 if using self raising)
- 135 mls milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbs caster sugar (optional)
- Butter to fry in, or coconut oil
- Sift flour, baking powder, and sugar ( if using) together in a bowl
- Beat the egg and add to the milk, beat again to combine.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together to make a smooth batter.
- Heat the butter in a pan and pour in small amount, these batter will seem thick- don’t worry it will be fine. Smaller pancakes work better with this recipe.
- When the top starts to bubble, flip the pancake and cook the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup, or I’ve used Sweet Freedom Choc Shot it’s my new favourite find. Anything goes with pancake toppings.
I hope you have enjoyed my breakfast week inspiration, and enjoy experimenting with different ingredients. Toast or cereals don’t always have to be your go to options.
Have you tried anything different this week? Let me know in the comments below.