As promised, here is a quick post with my gluten free bread sauce ( although it can easily be made with most white breads) I know this is considered an very important part of any Turkey feast but this is also great with chicken dishes as well.
- 750 ml milk
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 5-6 cloves
- 6 slices of bread ( made into breadcrumbs of torn into small chunks)
- Salt and pepper
- Knob of butter.
- Pour the milk into a pan, add the onion, cloves and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil then add the bread
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes until the onion is soft
- Season with salt and pepper
- Remove the cloves and bay leaves
- If you have used bread crumbs you are nearly done, if you have torn the bread you can pour the sauce into a processor to make finer.
- Before serving stir in the butter so it melts into the sauce
- Season with more pepper if you wish.
Serving with your turkey feast, then sleep it off later.
Have you got a favourite Christmas condiment? Let me know in the comments below.